ABOUT THE PROJECT
Cross border development of robotics in primary schools, or acronym Robotech, is conducted within the Interreg V-A Hungary-Croatia Co-operation Programme 2014-2020.
GOAL OF THE PROJECT
The general aim of the RoboTech project is to increase the knowledge about robotics in primary schools in the cross-border region Hungary-Croatia, considering that the main motive is learning about new technologies, with robotics being in focus in this project.
Special goals of the project are introducing robotics as an extra-curriculum activity in primary schools, gaining new theoretical and practical knowledge through professional educations and using new technologies, that is, robotic sets, and getting to know new teaching methodologies in the areas of programming and robotics. The project activities will be conducted in the region of Koprivnica-Križevci County and Zala County and they will be aimed at pupils and teachers of primary schools of cross-border partners.
The goals of the project include increasing the knowledge of robotics in the cross-border region Hungary-Croatia and introducing robotics as an extra-curriculum activity in primary schools. The project activities will be aimed at pupils and teachers of primary schools of cross-border partners. The project will enable the creation of a cross-border primary school module in robotics, which will be used for the education of teachers of project partners with the aid of experts, thus gaining new knowledge in programming and robotics.
Project lead: City of Koprivnica
Project partner: Zalaegerszegi Tankerületi Központ – Center for managing elementary schools in the area of Zala County.
Project implementation period: 1 July 2017 – 31 October 2018
Total project value: 218.825,07 €
Budget of the City of Koprivnica: 115.108,07 €
The bidget of Zalaegerszegi Tankerületi Központ: 103.717,00 €
ACTIVITIES IN THE PROJECT
Development of a mutual module for the curriculum in “Robotics” for primary schools in Hungarian and Croatian language.
- Module for an extracurricular activities “Robotics” was mutually developed in accordance with the needs of cross-border partners in Croatian and Hungarian language.
Acquisition of equipment for the purpose of education and cross-border competition in robotics as well as the equipment for webinar activities.
- Robotic sets for learning basic robotic skills will be acquired for 3 primary schools.
- Each school will get 5 robotic sets
- IT equipment for each of the 3 primary schools: 5 laptops, a projector, projection screen (option – acquiring a smart board)
Education in the area of robotics, for the teachers who will later work with pupils.
- 10 of our teachers will be educated during 105 lessons
- Basic and additional education
Education for primary school pupils
- 45 pupils will be educated during 105 lessons (15 pupils per school)
- 10 educated teachers will transfer the knowledge to 45 pupils
Cross-border competition in developing simple robotics modules for primary school pupils
- Two cross-border competitions will be organized for the primary school pupils
- One cross-border competition will be organized for primary school teachers.
The purpose of the competitions is connecting the pupils and teachers in the cross-border region and the evaluation of the level of their knowledge in the development of simple robotic modules.
Cross-border exchange of good practice and knowledge through webinars.
- 2 webinars will be organized with the purpose of exchanging experiences and connecting teachers in the cross-border region.
Expected results of the project:
- The cross-border primary school curricular model in the area of robotics is printed in Hungarian and Croatian.
- Elementary schools are equipped with robotic sets and technical equipment for the implementation of project activities
- Educated teachers in the area of robotics
- Educated pupils in the area of robotics
- Cross-border competition for teachers and pupils who are participating in the project
- Webinars aimed at exchanging experiences and connecting teachers in the cross-border region.